Cadillac Ave bridge demolition requires closing I-94 in Detroit
What: Demolition work will close all lanes on I-94 between I-75 and Conner Ave
When: Friday, March 12, 9 pm through Monday, March 15, 5 am
Why: MDOT is replacing the Cadillac Ave overpass above I-94, originally built in 1957.
- WB: Eight Mile to SB Gratiot Ave, WB Gratiot Connector, NB I-75, back to WB I-94. One lane of WB I-94 will be open for local traffic up to Conner Ave. All entrance ramps to WB I-94 will be closed from Chalmers to Chene St.
- EB: SB I-75, EB Gratiot Connector, NB Gratiot Ave, EB Eight Mile, back to EB I-94. All entrance ramps to EB I-94 will be closed from I-96 to Gratiot Ave.
Ramps closed throughout construction:
- Gratiot Ave entrance ramp to EB I-94
- EB I-94 exit to French Rd
- French Rd entrance ramp to WB I-94